AFSCO
A. Friederich & Sons Co.
General Contractors

Wollensak Optical Company

Building photo
1914
Names:Wollensak Optical Company,
Red Wing Plaza
Address:1415 Clinton Avenue North, Rochester, NY
Built:1913
Links:Wikipedia: Wollensak,
Alphax Betax Shutter Services: Wollensak Timeline

On March 1, 1914, the Wollensak Optical Company opened its first dedicated factory, a 40,000 square foot building at 1415 Clinton Ave North. Groundbreaking on the new buildings occurred October 16th of the previous year. The company had approximately 300 employees.

The building still exists but has been expanded and has a new facade. It is now the home of Red Wing Plaza and multiple businesses.