AFSCO
A. Friederich & Sons Co.
General Contractors

Duffy-Powers Building

Building photo
2019
Names:Duffy-Powers Building,
Duffy-McInnerney Company,
Duffy-Powers Company,
City Place
Address:50 West Main Street, Rochester, NY
Built:1906
Architect:Charles F. Crandall,
John F. Strobel
Honors:National Registry of Historic Places
Links:Democrat & Chronicle,
libraryweb.org,
rpastamps.org,
emporis.com

Originally known as the Duffy-McInnerney Company, this was the second largest department store in the state. The building included a beautiful 800-seat restaurant on the 7th floor. It was also the first Rochester building to be electrified, using Edison light buibs.

The Duffy-Powers Building was formerly listed in the National Registry of Historic Places but was removed due to owner objection.

Building photo
2008
Building photo
Original Restaurant